Castra of Santa Tecla, La Guardia (A Guarda), Pontevedra.
Castra of Santa Tecla shows the typical features for these populations: it is strategically placed on the top of a mountain surrounded by a defensive wall.
Situation for this castra was not only good from a military point of view -it dominated the coast and river Minno mouth- but also from an economic one, since it was placed close to agricultural and fishing areas.
On the wall two entry doors can be seen today, though, originally, they were probably more than two.
Castra is composed by circular constructions, communicated by paved narrow streets and small squares. Purely urbanistic elements were used in it, as stairs and walls for containing earth.
Houses have a circular or oval plan: some of them have a hall. They are built with stone and covered with wood and straw with a central wooden pillar for supporting. They have no gates except doors. Doors have a lintel and sometimes lintels were decorated. Some rectangular plan houses are newer, influenced by Roman fashions.
Castra was populated since 1900 b.C. Few remainings from this time did survive, though castra kept the last men and buildings from Roman conquest. It was left ca. 68 A.D.